Saturday, December 20, 2014

3 Reasons to keep your Blog Current

Ok.. I am as guilty as any of you that are reading this ... If you haven't keep up on blogging.  I have no good excuse. I can say I have been "busy."  But, really, aren't we all "busy?"  But, everytime I write a blog post, it gets read.  The more I market my blog, the more readership I have.  The more often I write, the more people will come back.  I know this.  I teach blogging. I have no excuse. Here are three reasons to keep your blog current.

1.  Your blog will keep you in front of your friends, family, clients and future prospects.  Every time I post anything on one of my blogs, people click on it.  It gives me an opportunity to share something with all of them that I cannot possibly do at lunch today.  I want people in my life to know what interests me.  I look forward to working with them, and by keeping in touch even with some little blog post, it helps keep my name in front of them.  One of my friends described it as a cat and mouse game.  The cat is interested in the mouse as long as the mouse is moving. But, as soon as the mouse goes and hides and is quiet, the cat goes looking for another mouse.  I want to be always moving!

2.  Your blog will help your friends, family, clients and future prospects get to know you.  People like to work with others that the know, like and trust.  How can you build that with a billboard or an ad on CraigsList?  Blogging is like a drip advertising campaign.  Those little drips add up to a big puddle over time! The more drips, the more they know about me... the more chance that my prospects will like me... and that can lead to trust.

3.  Your blog will be a good step toward engaging with your friends, family, clients and future prospects.   So after you have prospects reading your blog over time they will get to know you.. Then there will most likely be some engagement. They might comment on a blog post or send you an email.  That is called engagement.  That is what you are looking to building.  You are looking for some interconnection.  It is like on Facebook.  You might post a note about fantastic your lunch was... but a photo and info on the restaurant might lead to lots of comments!  Those people are all future prospects!

Here is a link to a couple of my blogs..
NatalieReviewsBooks.wordpress.com
www.clockhours.com

No comments:

Post a Comment